Check out the brochure below for a summary of the ministries of Hope:
In the wake of recent hurricanes, we want to provide a cascade of benefits through a community-wide garage sale. There are four ways this will benefit those in need:
- Those who need to donate clothing and household items have any easy way to donate these items, just drop them off at Hope EFC, 907 C Ave in Kearney during the drop-off times.
- Those in our community who need inexpensive clothing and household items can purchase them at the sale on September 30th.
- Unsold items will be donated to Crossroads Homeless Shelter for sale or recycling, providing benefit to the homeless in Kearney.
- All proceeds (100%) will be sent to World Vision designated for Hurricane Harvey relief
When: Saturday, September 30th from 8:00am to 3:00 pm
What: Clothing and Household items
Drop-off: Thursday & Friday, Sept. 28th & 29th from 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
In order to accomplish this task, we need the following
- Donors willing to make donations to the project
- Volunteers to help receive and sort the donations on Thursday and Friday evenings
- Volunteers to help with the sale
- Many people to pass the word to those with donations or those in need.
Timberlake Ranch Camp provides an incredible Christian Camping experience including horseback riding, swimming, boating, challenges and games galore. Last year, Hope EFC sent a total of 31 children and youth to Timberlake free of charge! In order to earn this great experience, children must complete one of several challenges to go to camp.
- Children in Kindergarten through 2nd grade must complete an entire Awana handbook and are rewarded with a day of day camp.
- Children in third through sixth grade must complete 24 Sections in their Awana handbook and are rewarded with a full week of camp.
All requirements for this challenge must be completed and registrations turned in by May 31st.