These are certainly unusual times! We recognize that isolation from each other may be necessary to stop a virus, but it can also be a real problem for our relationships with each other. This is especially difficult for kids (and those of us who work with your kids).
For this reason we would like to suggest a group learning activity you can do from home but also be involved with others. Here is our plan:
- We will start with a great video series from Phil Vischer. Phil is one of the creators of VeggieTales and is a very creative teacher for children. We will be going through a series of short videos he has created from the book of 1 John in the Bible. You can access these videos for free through our church membership with RightNow Media. You can watch these videos on most streaming devices (Roku, AppleTV or others) or any tablet, cell phone or computer with Internet access. We plan to have kids view one video each weekday beginning on Monday, April 20th. You can watch them whenever it is convenient for you. Here are the instructions to get your free RightNow Media account (which will also give you access to thousands of great Christian videos):
- You can go to the church website (kearneyhope.org) and click on the RightNow Media tab or go directly to: https://www.rightnowmedia.org/Account/Invite/hopeevangelicalfc
- Follow the instructions to create your own account.
- Each session is accompanied with a discussion guide to help you discuss the video with your child. You can print these within your RightNow account print them from here.
- Once a week, on Saturdays at noon, we will host a Zoom video call to talk with everyone about what they are learning and just get to see each other. Our Zoom ID is 481-854-7418. Some of you may not have ever used Zoom and we would be glad to walk you through the steps to do this, just call Pastor Dave at 308-440-7778. If you have never used Zoom, call anytime before next Saturday to do a test call.
We feel this will be a fun way to learn and grow together during our time apart. Feel free to call if you have any questions.