After spending almost two months apart and not being able to worship together, we are planning to begin our worship together again on May 10th. As you can imagine, this will not be business as usual but will involve changes to continue to help control the spread of COVID-19. The following changes are being made to further the goals of worshiping together and controlling the spread of the virus.
- If you have experienced symptoms of a fever, coughing or difficulty in breathing within the last three days, or if you have been in contact with someone who is positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days, we ask you to please not attend services. This also applies if you live with someone who has been exposed or has shown symptoms.
- If you are over 60 or have health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, lung diseases or any condition that would make you at higher risk of contracting COVID-19, we would recommend that you consider not attending the service. This also applies to those who live with higher risk individuals. We plan to have a recording of the entire service posted on the website by mid-afternoon on Sunday.
- We plan to remove a few tables and spread the remaining tables so that family groups can sit at least 6 feet from other families. Each table will accommodate one family or two singles/couples seated at opposite ends of the table. We will have additional seating in the Awana classroom at the back of the sanctuary with closed circuit broadcast of the service. State guidelines require that people stay 6 feet from anyone other than your own household and avoid things like hugging or shaking hands. Be sure that you also maintain these distancing guidelines when entering and leaving the service.
- Wearing masks while at church is recommended but not required. We should give grace to others about this but also seek to protect others.
- There will be no Sunday School to keep children with their families. For preschool children, we will have the nursery and preschool rooms available. Children in these rooms must be accompanied by a parent and efforts should still be made to maintain social distance from other families. We will not be providing transportation for children not accompanied by a parent.
- We plan to thoroughly disinfect the church prior to Sunday and hand sanitizer will be available at all tables. You will want to bring your Bibles since we cannot put Bibles on the tables.
- We will not be serving food and drink at this time in compliance with the guidelines.
We have greatly missed our time with you in worship together of our God. I believe these plans will make it possible for us to once again worship together without unnecessarily exposing each other to the virus that has caused so much disruption in our nation. We ask you to continue to pray for each other and those on the front lines of the pandemic and extend kindness and grace to others.